Administrative Assistant - Beaufort County
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and other voluntary benefits available|
|Department:||Customer Service - Child Support|
|Description:||The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing accurate and complete information to customers. This includes responding to requests, resolving customer issues, and forwarding clearly documented information to appropriate staff when further action is required. This position involves retreiving computer generated data to answer questions and updating those computer records. Must be able to respond to and assist customers face to face in a variety of situations.|
- Greets visitors and customers to the office, maintains appointment and visitor logs.
- Maintains lobby area in a neat, professional environment and ensures appropriate handbooks and brochures are available in lobby area.
- Responds to walk-in and telephone inquiries, assesses situation, and provides accurate inforamtion to the customer. Provides information to customers in a courteous, polite and professional manner. Obtains assistance from the assigned Case Specialist or Sueprvisor as appropriate and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responds to requests for applications for child support services by establishing appointments, sending out application packets, and advising customers of information needed to facilitate services. Enters applications for service into automated computer system and assembles new child support files.
- Records in the automated and/or hard copy case file information related to the establishment and/or enforcement of a child support obligation.
- Inserts correspondence into envelopes for mailing; meters and delivers outgoing mail daily.
- Opens, date stamps, documents and/or takes appropriate action on incoming mail accurately and within established time frames.
- Monitors facsimile machine and distributes faxes periodically throughout each day; maintains paper supply in copiers and facsimile machines.
- Provides administrative/clerical assistance to case specialists/supervisors as needed.
- Initiates follow-up case status calls to customers as required.
- Maintians confidentiality and security of case information.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
Required Education: High school Diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience
Required Experience: Experience equivalent to required education, office experience preferred
Required Skills: Ability to work with the public in a courteous and professional manner; ability to work effectively with other staff; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently. Basic to intermediate computer skills are required.
Disclaimer: YoungWilliams is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of YoungWilliams about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at YoungWilliams via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement signed by the Director of Human Resources and in place for this position will be not be considered and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by YoungWilliams through other means.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.