Clerical/Admin Support - Topeka, KS
|Benefits:||medical, vision, dental, 401(k), and other voluntary benefits available|
|Department:||Operations - Child Support|
The Office Assistant / Clerical position is responsible for providing accurate and complete information to walk-in and call-in customers, including responding to requests, resolving customer issues, and forwarding clearly documented information to appropriate staff when further action is required. The incumbent retrieves computer-generated data to answer questions and updates computer records. The successful candidate must be able to respond to and assist customers face-to-face in a variety of situations.
1. Greets visitors and customers visiting the office, maintains appointments and visitor logs.
2. Maintains lobby area in a neat, professional environment and ensures appropriate handbooks and brochures are available in the lobby area.
3. Responds to walk-in and telephone inquiries, assesses situation, and provides accurate information to the customer. Provides information to customers in a courteous, polite, and professional manner. Obtains assistance from the assigneed Case Specialist or Supervisor as appropriate and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
4. Responds to requests for applications for child support services by establishing appointments, sending out application packets, and advising customers of information needed to facilitate services.
Enters applications for service into automated computer system and assembles new child support files.
5. Records in the automated and/or hard copy case file information related to the establishment and/or enforcement of a child support obligation.
6. Opens, date stamps, documents, and/or takes appropriate action on incoming mail accurately and within established time frames.
7. Monitors facsimile machine and distributes faxes periodically throughout each day; maintains paper supply in copers and facsimile machines.
8. Provides administrative/clerical assistance to case specialists/supervisors as needed.
9. Maintains confidentiality and security of case information.
10. Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
College degree or equivalent years of experience.
Experience equivalent to required education, office experience preferred.
Ability to work with the public in a courteous and professional manner; ability to work effectively with other staff; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and ability to work as a team member and independently. Basic-to-intermediate computer skills are required. Bilingual or multilingual skills would be a plus.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.