|Department:||Child Support Enforcement (CSE)|
The Clerical/Admin position is responsible for providing accurate and complete information to walk-in and call-in customers, including responding to requests, resolving customer issues, and forwarding clearly documented information to appropriate staff when further action is required. The incumbent retrieves computer-generated data to answer questions and updates computer records. The successful candidate must be able to respond to and assist customers face-to-face in a variety of situations.
1. Greets visitors and customers visiting the office, maintains appointments and visitor logs.
2. Maintains lobby area in a neat, professional environment and ensures appropriate handbooks and brochures are available in the lobby area.
3. Responds to walk-in and telephone inquiries, assesses situation, and provides accurate information to the customer. Provides information to customers in a courteous, polite, and professional manner. Obtains assistance from the assigneed Case Specialist or Supervisor as appropriate and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
5. Opens, date stamps, documents, and/or takes appropriate action on incoming mail accurately and within established time frames.
6. Monitors facsimile machine and distributes faxes periodically throughout each day; maintains paper supply in copers and facsimile machines.
7. Provides administrative/clerical assistance to case specialists/supervisors as needed.
8. Maintains confidentiality and security of case information.
9. Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
Equivalent to a High School Degree.
Minimum of 1 year related experience is preferred
Experience in child support is preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.