Full Time Attorney Columbus
|Department:||Child Support Enforcement (CSE)|
|Description:||This position requires excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills. Responsible for taking all requisite legal actions in a support enforcement caseload. Establishes and nurtures rapport with all judges, hearing officers, clerks of court, and DCF/Child Support staff. Ensures all system and policy mandates from DCF Child Support Services are effectively implemented and managed by each office. Ensures all hearings are prepared for and attended. An attitude of providing outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers is required.|
- Determine appropriate enforcement actions to be taken in assigned caseload
- Provide legal direction to support staff as necessary for the preparation of necessary documents and review/edit for accuracy
- Ensure contract compliance and timeliness
- Provide high quality legal services to customer
- Ensure handling of customer complaints immediately and with appropriate follow up
- Ensure the confidentiality and safekeeping of information
- Foster partnership and commitment to quality customer service delivery with all internal and external customers
- Attend all dockets and court hearings
- Promote positive, fun work environment
- Assist in preparation and presentation of training as requested
- Attend monthly meetings as requested
- Travel to court as necessary
- Work to meet all state performance standards including collection goals established to meet state offered incentives.
- Candidate must consent to a background check and/or drug screen if required by contract
- Candidate must consent to testing for job effectiveness and knowledge if required by contract
- May perform other related duties as required.
|Qualifications:||Juris Doctor Degree |
Admission to practice law in the State of Kansas.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.