Child Support Specialist - McAlester, OK
|Benefits:||Medical, dental, vision, 401k and other benefits|
|Department:||Child Support Enforcement (CSE)|
|Description:||Data entry of court case information including preparing cases for court and follow-up after hearing. Review legal documents for accuracy and correct preparation before they are submitted to an attorney. In frequent communication with customers. Perform financial calculations to determine child support debts. |
- Ensures that case files that are docketed for court are prepared for the court hearing by reviewing the appropriate documents and case information within established timeframes.
- Calculates arrearages and other financial adjustments daily.
- Conducts interviews with custodial and non-custodial parents daily.
- Prepares cases and the necessary legal and/or administrative documents for review and approval by staff attorney.
- Accesses system data, including state system(s), that provides information on Employment, Birth Verification, Social Security Information System, Electronic Parent Locator Network and appropriate internet resources to obtain relevant case information.
- Files legal pleadings, orders and other legal documents with the appropriate court clerk. Enters docket numbers and court dates into state computer system.
- Attends court with assigned attorney and actively assists in case resolution at court.
- Enters court dispositions into the state system and company tracking software within established state, federal, and contractual requirements.
- Records in the automated and/or hard copy case file all necessary information related to the establishment and/or enforcement of a child support obligation.
- Completes attorney-directed court follow-up such as discovery, subpoenas, motions within required time frames.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of case information.
- Attends state-mandated training each year as directed.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or successful completion of an educational program for paralegal or comparable employment experience as a paralegal or legal secretary or accounting clerk.
- Customer service.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- attentive to detail
- ability to do financial calculations to determine child support debts.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.